Blueberry Cake with Ricotta and Polenta
- 230 g cane sugar
- ½ vanilla pod
- 4 eggs
- 100 g butter
- 175 g plain flour
- 75 g polenta
- 1 knife tip salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g ricotta
- 3 tbsp. finely-grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- butter for greasing cake tin
- 2 tbsp. cane sugar for dusting cake tin
- 200 g blueberries
- granulated sugar
- icing sugar
- softly whipped cream or ice cream
- extra blueberries
- Using an electric whisk, beat sugar, vanilla seeds and eggs until light and fluffy. Melt the butter and beat into the batter along with the ricotta.
- Combine the flour, polenta, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Fold the flour mixture into the batter.
- Fold lemon zest and lemon juice into the batter.
- Grease a springform cake tin (approx. 25 cm) with butter and dust with granulated sugar.
- Fold 2 tbsp. granulated sugar into the blueberries. Fill the cake tin with the cake mix and distribute blueberries in the cake mix.
- Bake at 175 °C convection for about 45-65 minutes or until baked through. Leave cake to cool.
Top the cake with extra blueberries, dust with icing sugar and serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream on the side.