Rigatoni with pumpkin and burrata
By: Frederik Bille Brahe
This dish is nothing short of perfect in its simplicity. Tasty and wintery – plus fun to make. One of those dishes you’ll return to again and again.
Watch Frederik prepare the dish in the video above.
240g rigatoni pasta
¼ Hokkaido pumpkin
1 clove of garlic
1 rosemary sprig
5-6 fresh sage leaves
½ fresh chilli or ½ tsp of chilli powder
1 small dollop of butter
2 tbsp olive oil (+ extra for drizzling)
1 handful grated Parmesan cheese
1 Burrata (125 g)
Salt and pepper
● Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil for the pasta. Dice the pumpkin (approximately 1.5 x 1.5 cm).
● Add a splash of olive oil to a medium warm pan and add the pumpkin cubes, butter, crushed garlic clove with skin, chilli, sage leaves and rosemary sprig. Allow the ingredients to simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
● Add chili and 1dl boiling water from the pasta pot to the pumpkin cubes and let it simmer and set.
● Boil the pasta for 9 minutes (just before it becomes al dente). Grate the Parmesan cheese.
● Remove the pasta from the water and add it to the pumpkin cubes. Add a little more of the pasta water so the pasta can boil with the pumpkin.
● Once the sauce has reached a medium thick consistency, add butter and a handful of Parmesan. Remove the pot from the heat, break the Burrata into small pieces on top and stir into the dish. Add a splash of olive oil, some lemon juice and a dash of black pepper.
● Serve immediately.
Frederik Bille Brahe is a renowned chef and celebrated Copenhagen tastemaker, but he is also a family man: father to Sonya and husband to Caroline.
What you need
For Frederik Bille Brahe, Eva Trio is synonymous with good, Danish craftsmanship that he has known all his life.
You might also be interested in
Click here to read more about the collaboration between Eva Trio and Frederik Bille Brahe.